Over the past month, I've updated the library from version 1.2 to 2.1, which include the following changes:
- I've changed the API to return the resulting gif in-memory, rather than progressively writing it to a file. It was technically possible, in previous library versions, to replace the file ops with versions that wrote to memory, but the details of doing so were really janky. This way, the old use case remains easy (just fwrite the whole buffer), but it should now also be just as easy to use other file I/O methods, or do arbitrary things like embedding the gif in another file, etc.
- The library now conforms more tightly to the spec in some edge cases. I hadn't run into any problems with any gif decoders in practice, but it's good for peace of mind.
- Minor documentation fixes and improvements.